Wednesday, February 25, 2009

37 WEEKS!

We made it to 37 weeks yesterday and it was a wild day.
FIRST-HOSPITAL TOUR
John and Annabelle and I went to the hospital for a private tour(Austin had school). It was really nice! All hardwood floors and very calming atmosphere. When you are in the delivery room there are lowlights and just a bed(and this thing hanging from the ceiling you can use in labor). But, all the medical stuff is hidden in cabinets.
Then you go through a door and there is a big birthing pool, exercise balls, and some other laboring tools if you choose to use them.
We were very pleased and are looking forward to a pleasant experience.
THEN-SPENCER LOOKING FOR ATTENTION
When we went to bed last night all was well. About an hour into my sleep I woke up to some intense contractions. I couldn't believe it. I tried to go back to sleep but no, he wasn't having it. So, I got up and walked around. Then, I went back to the bed and tried waking up the husband for some sympathy. I told him what was going on an that it HURT. He said, Okay honey, rolled over and started snoring. Well, I finally got back to sleep. Guess it was okay.
THE MORNING
I woke up this morning and was having a lot of Braxton Hicks. My appt. was already for this morning so I was excited to find out about our progression. Well, guess what!! NOTHING!!!! He said the baby is still floating and that my cervix is still closed. Says the contractions are probably occuring in order to get him down there. On a very positive note, MY IRON WAS UP TO A GREAT LEVEL! This has been a battle for a while and it was the highest it has been the whole pregnancy.
THE GOOD
The great part of this all is that my mom got a ticket to come over. I am so happy about this you just can't imagine. So, I would really like if Spencer could hold out a while longer. At least closer to the time she is coming.
PICTURE
I will have John take a picture tonight and I will add it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so happy for you that your Mommy is coming to help out when Spencer makes his debut. Also, it sounds like you may have him very close to your due date!

Keesee said...

I love that John fell right back to sleep.