So, finally I have figured out my password and am able to start posting on our site again. I am sorry it took so long. We are very settled into our new home and getting acquainted to our new surroundings. Now, if I could only learn the language we would be set. I am sad to say that John is out of town for a while but we will manage. It has been so nice having him around and being a happy little family again. We did some venturing out with some friends this weekend. We went to the German American Friendship Day in the city of Mainz. It was really fun and the kids were able to do some rides. Daddy was able to have a bratwurst and beer which was just as exciting.
On Saturday night John and I went on a date to a really nice little Italian place. I can't even explain how good it was. I ordered something out of my comfort zone because it was the only thing I could make out seeing the menu was in German and no one spoke English. But, I got a few bites into it and told John that I have never REALLY ENJOYED eating something like I did that night. It was spinach ricotta tortellini. Well, for those of you who know that Olive Garden is in my top 3. I wonder if I will even like it when we move back home after having authentic Italian. WOW! Anyways, after this delicious meal we walked around downtown and found a place called Paulaners. Well, for those real beer drinkers in my audience surely you have heard of this beer. We went inside and sat up at the bar and had a beer. I even really liked the beer. For all of this stuff I am so excited about maybe the reality is that I am just so happy to have my husband back and be able to go out with him and really enjoy some time together. (Thanks Jen and Charlie for always offering to watch the kids). It is so wonderful!!!!!
I will post some pics tomorrow. I have got to go to bed. Now that I am back in business there should be a post almost every day. Oh and in case you are wondering we had snow yesterday. In April. So crazy.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment